Just about the worst gas leak I ever saw, and TWO MORE in a duplex Mill Valley. There was a huge leak at the foundation, another along a joint and a third at the water heater. Note the hole in the pipe in the photo, which had to be pulled out of the foundation, to get repaired - a small disaster for the homeowner, but a huge disaster averted for the whole neighborhood. I was called out to check for underfloor moisture issues but found a whole lot more than anyone bargained for, and found the source of the moisture, too. It was a busted dryer vent - an easy fix compared to a $4,000 vapor barrier the homeowners thought they needed.
top of page
bottom of page